Email Marketing: The #1 Best Way To Grow Your Brand
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is a form of direct marketing that uses personalised, automated emails to educate and nurture a lead to take a specific action, for example making their first or second purchase from a brand.
Email marketing has been around since the 60s and is the most direct and effective way of connecting with your leads and turn them into customers. To this day, email marketing remains a highly effective form of marketing that can utilise first party data and when paired with the correct creatives, copy and strategy, can convert prospective customers into lifetime customers, increasing the lifetime value.
Why Email Marketing is Important?
So now we’ve covered exactly what email marketing is, it’s time to discuss why it’s important.
Despite the rise of social media, email remains the most effective way to nurture leads and boost customer loyalty. Below we summarise three main reasons why email marketing still has a place today:
- 99% of consumers check their email on a daily basis.
- You have complete control over your list. Ever been banned by meta? On any social media platform, your account could disappear at any time. Not with email. Once you have those leads (unless they unsubscribe), they’re not going anywhere!
- Email marketing on average has an ROI of 44:1 – that’s pretty high. And on top of that, people who buy products marketed through email spend 138% more than those who do not receive email offers.
So now you know why it’s important, read on to find out the best way to go about setting it up!
How To Get Started:
Email marketing is made up of several moving parts, but setting it up doesn’t have to be complicated.
- Start with your list: Your list is your bible when it comes to email marketing. Essentially, if you don’t have a list, you can’t do email! But we’ve all got to start somewhere. Building your list, and ensuring they’re good leads is key. To get started, we’d strongly recommend adding a pop-up to your website that offers the new subscriber an incentive, for example, a % off their first purchase.
- Pick a provider! This is where we can help, guide and ensure it’s a smooth set-up. Picking a platform that plugs directly into your website provider is essential for success, for example, Klaviyo and Shopify plug into each other, and allow us to accurately set up flows, track purchases and much more. It’s essential to pick the right partners to ensure you can execute your strategy smoothly and track results accurately.
Growing Your Email List – Paid and Organic
This is where our integrated agency can come in handy. Once we’ve set you up on an email platform, we’ll get started on growing your list – as expressed above, no list, no point. A deciding factor in the success of email marketing is having the right people on your lists and this is where we can help – finding you good leads.
We can work closely with our paid and organic teams to ensure that we’re all aligned on your brand’s audience, and begin to promote your newsletter across different channels.
Organically, we can do this on the feed; link in bio and included in stories. For example, teasing a newsletter, running a giveaway, partnering with other brands – there are numerous ways to approach this in order to gather email addresses.
With the paid team, we can use Facebook ads. We can create lead gen ads that directly plug into the email marketing platform. Putting a bit of spend behind growing your list is an effective, and cheap way of building it. And through the paid strategy, we can monitor exactly who is being targeted, ultimately resulting in better leads.
Growing Your Email List – Pop-Up Forms
We’ve all seen these. You visit a website for the first time and the pop-up pops up offering you a massive 20% off your first purchase!
This is a really easy way to gain new subscribers. When someone subscribes to your newsletter through your pop up, they’ll be put straight into your welcome flow (click here to read about the essential flows that your DTC brand needs). In time, they’ll go through the series of flows, and hopefully, make their first purchase.
So, ensuring that your form is captivating and enticing is essential. Below are some of our tips for an effective pop-up form that converts.
- Informative headline
- Short description
- Simple Form – don’t ask for too much information – this will put people off
- Clear CTA – this is key! If they don’t know where to click, they’ll give up
- Incentive – we’ve found % or fixed amount off, free product in orders, or entering a giveaway works great